It’s a new year! It’s hard to believe we are already into a fresh year! A new chapter. Endless possibilities. How do you plan to approach this new year?
I recently saw some thoughtful quotes that may be inspiring to some.
Emily Dickinson, “I am out with lanterns looking for myself?”
Shane Steele,” May we stop seeing ourselves through the eyes of people who never saw us.”
“The soul usually knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.”
Kara Layne,” May the next few months be a period of magnificent transformation.”
Maybe you don’t love setting goals or resolutions, but what about making this your year? A year to focus on you and all the things you ever hoped to achieve, become, master…or heal. Maybe you are lost in a never ending sea of diapers, or disappointments. Is life taking a toll?
Each day is a new opportunity to create something better. Even taking a few moments to establish new routines, or reframe the usual chaos. Not every day is great but we can definitely carve out moments of greatness. Consider it an adventure in living.
So, what does this intentional adventure with yourself look like?
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier and move your body. Write in a journal. Sit in silence.
- Instead of negative self talk, practice a little self compassion; a little grace.
- Confide in friends and loved ones. Learn to hear a different perspective and open yourself up to be vulnerable and connected. A trusted friend can be a great source of motivation.
- Learn to set healthy boundaries in your current relationships.
- Master the art of time management.
- Take a social media break. Social media is a big drain on your self esteem, not to mention time. Don’t worry about what the neighbors or friend’s resolutions are. You do you.
What are some other ideas you can think of to make this your year? It doesn’t have to be big or elaborate. Simple is often better. Whatever you decide, welcome to the new year!