Having a baby is a huge life event! It is a time of stress and anxiety of the unknown but also moments of joy and wonder. It’s important to know what your options are when choosing the medical professional that will deliver your unborn child. Have you considered a Midwife? At Madison Women’s Clinic, we are so fortunate to have one of the best when it comes to a Midwife.
Midwives are highly trained professionals who provide personalized care to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postnatal period. They offer a more holistic approach to childbirth.
Here are 10 key advantages to using a Midwife for your delivery. Let’s break it down.
1. Personalized care: Midwives provide personalized care to each and every woman they see. This means that you will receive the best possible care for your individual needs.
2. Continuity of care: Midwives offer continuity of care, which means that you will see the same midwife throughout your pregnancy, labor, and postnatal period. This continuity of care ensures that you receive the best possible care and support.
3. Midwives are experts in normal birth: they are dedicated to ensuring that all women have a positive birth experience.
4. Midwives offer emotional support: Midwives offer emotional support to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postnatal period. This support is
5. Fewer interventions: Midwives strive to intervene only when absolutely necessary. This is important to many women who have specific birthing goals in mind. Working together with your Midwife ensures a smooth delivery for both mom and baby.
6. A Midwife understands fully that unforeseen problems can arise during labor. They recognize these challenges and are trained to address these issues early on, since they are close by you throughout the labor and delivery process.
7. Midwives are trained in many different methods of natural laboring, such as the use of water to other comfort measures. Through these unique measures, epidurals and cesarean sections can often be avoided.
8. Midwife led births tend to result in more natural deliveries and fewer C-sections. This has positive long term effects for both the mother and the baby.
9. Shorter hospital stays are more common when you choose to work with a Midwife. Some studies have shown that using a Midwife shortens labor by 2-3 hours, therefore, shortening the stay in the hospital.
10. A Midwife understands the importance of respecting your birthing plan and provides individualized care. A Midwife stays with you and supports you physically and emotionally throughout the process. It’s so comforting to have this added sense of support. They are there to answer questions and concerns as they arise.
Whether you choose a Midwife, or one of our highly skilled Obstetricians, we aim to provide you with a safe and successful birthing story. Make an appointment today to meet our Midwife and discover if this is an avenue worth pursuing for you.